Sunday 19 February 2012

Conor Adams - Dece Logo

The final idea - refining and tagline
This is the final logo design that i created. For the final image i also worked with Richard Higgs and we produce and image that looks more hand drawn.

I also used my hand writing to create the tagline. This gives an authentic feel to the brand.



Final two ideas
These are the two final images that i will present to the group to choose from. From their i will refine the images and make sure that they look professional.

Potato cutting
My other idea was to create a logo that is quite unique and looks rough and unrefined. This led me to use potato cutting and create an image from this. This experimentation i think worked well and could potentially produce a authentic DIY image for DECE.




Fish eye lens inspired Text
I saw that in a lot of extreme sports videos and pictures a fish eye lens is used to capture mid action images of people doing these sports. I thought using this as inspiration that i could warp the text round the circle to create a kinda of fish eye lens effect. I think that this idea has great potential if i further develop it. I thought i could refine the text further by using illustrator.

Further development of the logo design
I looked into many different ideas and decided to develop my favourite ideas and start to move them forward. I progressed further with both the digital and the hand drawn ideas. At this stage i started to see what main ideas i want to further progress with and how i could develop them and make a better image.




Computer Generated Experimentation
Despite hand drawing some initial ideas i wanted to create some logo examples on digitally so that their were a range of styles that we could choose from as a group, this range means that our group as a whole can explore different ideas instead on sticking to one idea.




I hand drew the images and type because i wanted to start off with ideas that were hand drawn and rough instead of creating images on Photoshop because i didn't wanted the logo to look computer generated. I wanted to create an logo that could then be refined and further progressed on Photoshop.

Research into typography and styles
I chose styles that stood out to me and what i thought i cold take and use in the logo design stages. I also looked at how many different ranges of typography i could get so that i would have a more substantial influences.


I went through magazines that advertised alternative clothing to as well as researching extreme sports brands to see what the style was within the industry.

How we want the logo to look?
From the start of the project we knew that we had to create a new logo that would look less corporate than the existing logo. We wanted to create a logo that looked more suited to what DECE as a brand were trying to achieve, by creating a logo that would appeal to people who do extreme sports such as snowboarding. We wanted to make a logo that looked unrefined but had a style to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment